Hello again everyone! I’ve missed posting here this last week but wanted to take break and disconnect completely over Christmas. Hope you all had a lovely holiday wherever you are in the world. Things are gradually getting back to normal here, although I’ve still got a week before I head back to my little flat in Bath for the next semester.
I may be one of the few who wasn’t eating cookies and desserts aplenty over Christmas, but I promise I’m definitely not feeling smug about it! I would have loved to be eating chocolate and Christmas pudding like everyone else. But I haven’t been feeling my best for a little while now and so I’ve been trying out an anti-candida diet to hopefully bring me back to balance. The diet doesn’t allow any sugars (the only sweeteners I can use are yacon syrup and stevia), including those from fruit, as well as gluten, dairy, yeast, fungi and a bunch of other things.
For a major sweet tooth like me it has to be said it was a bit of a challenge figuring out what to eat, especially when it came to finding a replacement for my daily post-lunch dark chocolate fix.
These zingy little fudge bites are doing the trick of satisfying any sweet cravings nicely, and one is more than enough as they’re pretty rich from the coconut and almond butters.
After chocolate Lemon desserts are always my favourites anyway…
- 1/2 C White Almond Butter OR Cashew Butter
- 3 Tbsp Melted Coconut Butter
- Zest of one Lemon
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Liquid Sweetener (Agave nectar, Brown Rice Syrup etc.) I used 1T Yacon Syrup + 5 drops stevia
- Shredded Coconut for sprinkling
- Add all ingredients to a glass bowl, except the shredded coconut, and stir well to combine.
- Divide between 10 mini silicone moulds OR pour into a dish lined with parchment paper and slice into cubes once set. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and freeze until firm.
- These are the perfect consistency straight from the freezer, in the fridge they’re a little too soft for my tastes.
I’m submitting this recipe to the weekly link-up, Wellness Weekends
Today I’ve actually discovered there might be another cause of my health problems so I’m praying that’s the case and I can go back to eating normally soon!
In the meantime, what are your favourite SAVOURY snacks?
If you’re new to Coconut and Berries, please sign up for email updates and join me elsewhere! I’m on Facebook, Pinterest,Instagram (@coconutandberries), Google + and Twitter! You can also follow Coconut and Berries with Bloglovin or Feedly.