I couldn’t let New Year’s Eve pass by without recapping this past year!
I started Coconut and Berries this summer so these recipes are not only your favourites of 2013 but your favourites of all my recipes so far. I’ve already said multiple times how happy I am to have created this little space on the web. I get so much out of cooking, photographing and writing for the blog and even more from connecting with all my readers. Thank you so much for all your support and I hope you continue to enjoy reading in 2014. I’ve got a few exciting things planned so please stay tuned!
Now for your favourite recipes:
1. Raw Berry Cream Brownies- I’m so pleased that this was no.1- not only because I loved it too but because it combines coconut and berries so is perfect for my signature blog recipe
2. Apple & Raisin Oaty Breakfast Cookies- This one proved popular too and a lot of you have come back and told me you’ve made and enjoyed it. Do please let me know if you ever make my recipes. Your feedback is always welcome.
3. Healthy, No-bake Cranberry Jam Tarts- Another recent recipe. I really enjoyed putting this one together and discovered a new favourite cranberry sauce in the process. Perfect with anything and everything!
4. Nectarine Salad with Blackberry Dressing, Basil & Hazelnuts- My favourite summer salad! It’s a long way to go before stone-fruit season’s here again but when it is I look forward to revisiting this recipe.
5. Chili-Bean Soup with Avocado Lime Cream- I loved this soup! A really easy one and definitely quick enough for a weeknight.
6. Beetroot & Sweet Potato Salad with Baked Cashew Cheese- A lot of you hadn’t tried baking nut cheese to get a firmer texture, perfect for crumbling over salads. Nice to be able to teach you something new.
7.Baked Beetroot Falafel- I’m ashamed to admit I haven’t made these since posting the recipe! It’s fun to do this roundup to remind myself of old recipes I enjoyed. I was lucky enough to get a Magimix food processor for Christmas so maybe these falafel should be the first thing I make with it!
8. Sweet Potato, Red Lentil & Sesame Patties with Red Cabbage Slaw- The happy result of an experiment, you loved these cute little sweet potato cakes. Slaws are my favourite thing to make with cabbage. Check out my Cabbage, Apple & Pomegranate Salad with Ginger-Almond Dressing too.
9. Raw Mango Coconut Tartlets- Another one from the summer. I actually made these again recently and they were just as tasty as I remembered. I got a chance to retake the pictures too as my photography has improved over the months of practice!
2013 was an exciting year for me, not only blog-wise but on a more personal level too. A few highlights:
- I visited Berlin for my 23rd birthday back in April
- I took my finals and graduated. 4 years of university (3 years at Oxford and 1 year living in Paris and Barcelona) were not without their challenges but I’m proud of how far I’ve come and am grateful for both the ups and downs.
- This summer I visited Wales and Scotland for the first time! I’ve hardly seen any of the UK for someone who’s lived here all my life!
- I moved to Bath to start my Masters.
I’m excited for 2014 and whatever it brings. This year will see me (hopefully!) finish my studies and embark on a career! Wherever I am this time next year I hope Coconut and Berries is still bringing me as much happiness as it is now!
Happy New Year!