I’m very flattered to have been nominated by the lovely Sophia, of Silk and Spice, for the Versatile Blogger Award.
I’ve just realized I’ve now been blogging for 2 months! I’m so enjoying sharing my recipes and food experiences, reading and being inspired by others, and simply being part of this wonderful community! Thank you so much to all my readers and commenters .
The Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge the blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
I haven’t shared all that much about me on the blog yet so hopefully you’ll feel you know me a little better after I share my 7 random facts!
1. My second hobby (after cooking), is knitting and crocheting. I took it up back in 2008 when in hospital as a way to pass the time and have been hooked ever since. It helps me relax as I’m someone who always needs to be “doing something”. I’ve found I can watch a film without getting agitated if I’m keeping my fingers busy. If you follow me on Instagram (@coconutandberries) you might have seen some of my latest creations. I’ve made a lot of little animals for my nephews and niece, as well as clothes for their toys. I’m trying to finish an ongoing project this summer- a huge crochet granny square blanket.
2. I speak French, Spanish and reasonable Italian. I graduated this summer from the University of Oxford where I studied French and Spanish. Although my course was mainly literature not language it also included a year spent abroad- I was in Barcelona for 6 months and Paris for 5 months. I’m starting a Masters in Translation in September. I don’t know if that’s ultimately what I want to do but I’m looking forward to the experience all the same.
3. I wasn’t always a hard worker. People seem to find this one hard to believe but I used to be really lazy about my schoolwork, rarely handing in work on time, if at all! After terrible reports at the end of my first year at boarding school I decided to buck up my attitude and realize I actually enjoyed “this work thing” and wasn’t as stupid as I’d considered myself up until then!
4. I love travelling. I’ve been very fortunate to have had family holidays all over the world and to have done a bit of exploring myself. Places I’ve been include the USA (only New York and Florida), South America (Bolivia, Uruguay, Chile + Colombia), Barbados, Bermuda, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius, Africa and many countries in Europe. There’s still so many places I want to visit. Currently topping the list are India, Scandinavia and West Coast USA.
5. My Mum is my best friend. That might sound a little lame, and it’s not that I don’t have other friends too of course, but my Mum is the one I share most with. We’ve always had a pretty good relationship but since my Dad died 4 years ago we seem to have got even closer.
6. I love gardening. Ok, now I’m sounding like some middle-aged woman…cooking, knitting, gardening! I promise I’m only 23! Gardening is only something I’ve got into fairly recently but I’m gradually getting to know the names of different plants and flowers (!) and this is my second summer growing my own vegetables. I might write a post on my garden if anyone’s interested in what I’ve been growing.
7. I’m the youngest of my siblings. I have 2 (and one half) older brothers. I didn’t enjoy the ganging up on me that used to happen when I was little but I definitely used to be spoilt as the only girl so I didn’t really mind not having any sisters. We all have quite separate lives and all have very different characters but they’re not too far away, in London, so I try to see them reasonably often.
I’m nominating a few of the newest additions to my blog reader for the Versatile Blogger Award:
That’s it! If there’s anything else you’d like to know about me feel free to ask. And tell me something about you!