Chocolate-Orange-Goji Cookies

Hurrah, it’s Friday!

I’m dropping in with an easy, tasty cookie recipe for you to make over the weekend.

This was inspired by The Raw Chocolate Co’s award-winning Goji & Orange Raw Chocolate. I was lucky enough to sample a whole load of their products recently and fell in love with this flavour in particular. Chocolate-orange is a classic of course, but the addition of goji berries adds a little something extra to these cookies.

Even if you’re not too sure about gojis on their own (I’m not!) they really are yummy here, trust me on this one! The Raw Chocolate Co’s Chocolate-covered Goji Berries are also pretty delicious.

Chocolate-Orange-Goji Cookies

These cookies are made from all good-for-you ingredients, are gluten-free, and can be either raw or baked! They have a lovely chewy texture, rich chocolatey taste with fruity undercurrents from the orange and gojis. I know you’re going to love them!

Chocolate-Orange-Goji Cookies

Chocolate-Orange-Goji Cookies (*No-Bake or Baked):

1C Nuts (I used 1/2C Walnuts, 1/2C Almonds but most should be fine)
1T Ground Flaxseed
2T Cocoa
Zest of 1 Large Orange
1/4C Brown Rice Flour
1/4t Baking Soda
1/8t Salt
21/2-3T Agave Nectar
3T Goji Berries

Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Using a food processor, process nuts, ground flaxseed, cocoa, orange zest, flour, baking soda and salt until a fine meal. Careful not to over-process though. Add the agave nectar, starting off with 2 1/2T. Process again until the mixture holds together when squeezed between your fingers. If it still looks a little dry (will depend on the variety of nuts used) add the remaining 1/2T of agave and process again. Finally, add the goji berries and pulse two or three times to incorporate.

Roll balls of dough with your fingers (approx 1 heaping T each), flatten into a cookie shape and place on your prepared baking sheet about 2” apart.

They should look like the below picture- not too wet, not too dry.

Chocolate-Orange-Goji Cookies

Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are dry on top. Allow to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet (they firm up as they cool).

*Note: For no-bake cookies, omit the baking soda and, either roll into balls and refrigerate or press into a container, refrigerate, and cut into squares.

Makes 7-10

I’m submitting this recipe to the weekly link-parties, Wellness Weekends and Healthy Vegan Fridays

Chocolate-Orange-Goji Cookies

What’s cooking in your kitchen this weekend?

My followers on instagram get sneak previews of blog recipes so if you’re not following me over there yet, please do (@coconutandberries)! Let me know who you are too so I can follow you back!

If you’re new to Coconut and Berries, Please sign up for email updates and join me elsewhere: I’m on FacebookPinterest, Instagram (@coconutandberries), Google + and Twitter!

Follow Coconut and Berries with Bloglovin or Feedly

Comments

1. says

I usually don’t like the orange-chocolate combo, but these cookies look so darn good. Maybe I could just ommit the orange zest?
    Well, you’ve seen what (un)cooking in my kitchen at the moment on IG: a cinnamon chocolate cake I can’t wait to sink my teeth in :)

• says

Yes! That cake looks incredible! You could of course omit the orange. It’s a nice base cookie you could add all kinds of flavours too. You could add cacao nibs or other dried berries; cinnamon or cayenne for spiced up cookies. Omit the cocoa and do ginger or lemon cookies…the sky’s the limit!

2. says

Three flavours that I love – chocolate, orange & goji berries – all in one cookie. I can just imagine how good these taste! I love how flexible the recipe is too. I might have to try them both ways and see which one we prefer ;) What your favourite?

• says

I liked the chewy texture of them baked but the gojis have a stronger flavour before baking so it’s a tough call! Have you tried the raw chocolate co’s raw chocolate bars or chocolate-covered dried fruit? They’re very good.

3. says

I saw these on Instagram and have eagerly been anticipating the recipe. I love goji berries all on their own, in salads, in muffins (see my blog for recipe), etc. I am excited to try out these cookies, but am really liking the idea of keeping them raw and rolling them into balls. Thanks for sharing a great recipe Emma!

• says

Thanks so much Anna! Hope you try these. Just been browsing your recipes, you’ve got some amazing sounding ones- That cookie butter banana bread!
      I love the idea of adding choc chips to Dreena’s strawb-goji muffins too

• says

Thanks Emma!

I love all of Dreena’s recipes, they are all delicious.

The cookie butter banana bread is a reader favorite on my blog as well as a favorite of mine!

I hope you give one of my recipes a try!

• says

Thanks Lauren. I definitely think you could sub another GF flour. I’d go for oat over buckwheat though as buckwheat is a tad heavier.
      I love all the raw choc co’s chocolate-coated fruit too!

4. says

Goji & Orange cookies?! These look really good! Goji berries are my favorite, they are really popular in Asian noodle soups and broth. My mom likes to put goji berries in my vermicelli noodle soup with shiitake mushrooms & greens.

5. says

These cookies contain 3 of my favourite things- chocolate, oranges and dried fruit. I need to always have these in my house! Thanks so much for linking-up to 5-Ingredient Mondays, I’m featuring your cookies this week :)

6. says

Thanks for the instructions for bake vs non-bake, it’s always great to know I have the option if I don’t want to turn on the oven and heat up the house. Love that these have goji berries in them, their slight bitterness pairs amazingly with the bitterness of chocolate. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Trackbacks